Canadian Stroke Network and European Stroke Network Collaborative Research Initiative recipients announced
The Canadian Stroke Network and European Stroke Network are excited to announce the recipients for the 2012 CSN-ESN Collaborative Research Initiative.
A total of 8 recipients were selected for the grant, which provides funding to support collaborative research projects that involve both a Canadian and European arm.
Projects selected are:
- An Innovative High Density Surface Electromyography (HDS-EMG) Technique to Evaluate Motor Recovery After Stroke
- Evolution of Cerebral Hemodynamics and Blood-Brain Barrier Disturbances After Acute Ischemia Stroke : A CT Perfusion Imaging Study
- Fingolimod, a potential novel blood-brain barrier protecting adjuvant during tPA induced thrombolysis
- Macrophage wars following stroke
- Novel biotechnology for modulation of the neurovascular niche to promote regeneration and rehabilitation after ischemic stroke
- TGF-β1 – NF-κB signaling in the microvascular integrity of the brain
- The inflamed brain: Identifying processes and targets for post-stroke therapy
- The role of Hexokinase II and interacting proteins for mechanisms of endogenous neuroprotection
Mergenthaler, Meisel, Andrews
Funding will be provided for a 12-month period starting March 1, 2012.